Dear Parents / Carers, Children in Years 5 and 6 will be involved in a camping program this year from Wednesday 1st to Friday 3rd December 2021, camping for two nights
Dear Parents / Carers,
Children in Years 5 and 6 will be involved in a camping program this year from Wednesday 1st to Friday 3rd December 2021, camping for two nights at Middle Gully Reserve. The camp will involve the children sleeping in tents in small groups. The school will provide lilos to sleep on. Facilities in the Eco Shed and John Curtin Building will be used for activities and food preparation as required. Dinner will be provided on Wednesday and Thursday nights, with breakfast, lunch and snacks provided on Thursday and Friday. Please provide your child with lunch and snacks on Wednesday.
The children will be involved in orienteering at Tony Clarke Reserve and games back at school on Wednesday, a day hike, theatre sports and talent show on Thursday, bush craft and a session with “Wild Action – The Zoo Comes to You” on Friday.
The cost for each child for the camp will be $72.00. Payment and the accompanying forms are to be returned no later than Friday 26th November 2021.
If any parents can assist with breakfast or dinner food preparation, going on the hike or sleeping overnight, please indicate on the note below or contact the office.
Please note, volunteers performing work in schools are required to have a current Working with Children Check and also to be fully vaccinated by 29 November (unless a medical exemption applies) to attend on site.
Parents that wish to volunteer on excursions or school activities must supply vaccination information to the school indicating their vaccination status. This can be in the form of the following;
- a letter from a medical practitioner confirming the person’s vaccination status or confirming a person is medically exempt.
- A certificate of immunisation
- An immunisation history statement obtained from the Australian Immunisation Register.
The school will maintain a vaccination register for visitors and volunteers.
Parents with any queries about the program are invited to discuss these with the teachers.
M Forrest Belinda Taylor, Seraphim Kyprianou, Anthony Bortolot
Principal Year 5/6 Teachers
- Students do not need to be in school uniform but must wear appropriate clothing for the three days
- T-shirts must cover shoulders and midriff for sun protection
- The hike involves walking through long grasses and possibly prickly bush scrub, therefore long pants are essential
- If children come to school with inappropriate clothing parents will be contacted
- The children will be storing their clothes in their tents. They will be responsible for unpacking and packing their possessions, being tidy and organised.
- All clothing should be named and stored in a soft bag. Make sure your child is aware of what is in the bag and when they should wear the clothes.
- Children need to wear clothes and shoes suitable for hiking and environmental activities at Middle Gully.
Children should pack:
- Two complete changes of clothes, including something warm to wear in the evenings
- Spare shoes and socks
- Waterproof coat and hat
- Toilet bag with face washer, soap, comb, brush, toothpaste and toothbrush (children will not be showering at school)
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Blanket (if required)
- Pyjamas or track suit
- Teddy or soft toy
No electronic devices are to be brought
1 (Wednesday) 9:00 am - 3 (Friday) 3:30 pm